Danny Gunn is a founding partner at Campbell Gunn Seib Jones. With decades of experience, Danny is known for his extensive involvement in the field of criminal law. Danny has represented clients in courtrooms across the country, and has a strong track record of successful outcomes in criminal cases. Danny also provides a wide range of legal services to his clients, including counsel on complex white-collar crimes, corporate investigations, and government enforcement actions.
Danny’s strong commitment to his clients and to the law has earned him a reputation as a top criminal defence attorney, respected by his peers and clients alike.
- Founding Partner, Campbell Gunn Seib Jones, 2007–present (formerly Campbell Gunn Inness)
- Associate, Gindin Wolson Simmonds, 2003–2007
- Associate, Brodsky and Company, 2001–2003
- Assistant Crown Attorney, Toronto North, 1998–2001
- Assistant Crown Attorney, Toronto West, 1996–1998
EDUCATION & BAR ADMISSION
Called to the Manitoba Bar, 2001
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1996
Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1994
National Theatre School, Montreal, 1989–1990
Bachelor of Arts (With Distinction), University of Manitoba, 1989
Memberships & Associations
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Manitoba Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- Criminal Lawyers’ Association (Ontario)
- District of Kenora Law Association
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Represents all types of criminal cases at all levels of court in Manitoba and Ontario, including homicide, serious drug and wiretap cases, impaired driving and operation with 80 plus mgs.
- Among many high profile cases, represented Gerald Daniel Blanchard on charges related to international and high-tech crimes. See The Jewel Thief (2023) on Hulu.
- Learning Group Facilitator, Criminal Advocacy, Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education, 2013–present.
- Presenter on Wrongful Convictions and s. 696 Reviews (May 2023), Canadian Homicide Conference 2023.
- Received the Award of Merit from the Criminal Defence Lawyers Association of Manitoba for Excellence in the Practice of Criminal Defence, Dec 7, 2022.
- Presenter on Urgent Issues in Policing – Dynamic Entries and Warrants, Osgoode Hall faculty of Law, June 2022.
- Independent Counsel for the Province of Manitoba, 2008-2016, 2022.
- Legal Counsel to the Chief Electoral Officer, Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation, Nelson House, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022.
- Presenter on Claims of Incompetence of Counsel, CLA (Ontario) 2021 Spring conference
- Presenter on Counsel Practicing Beyond Their Abilities, Crown-Defence Conference (2021)
- Presenter, Winnipeg Police Service Drug Course, 2014–2018.
- Prosecutor, Occasional basis, Law Society of Manitoba, 2014–2017.
- Criminal Defence Advocacy Workshop Faculty Member, Law Society of Manitoba, 2016, 2017.
- Presenter, NW Ontario OPP Crime Unit presentation on Sexual Offences: Consent and Capacity, 2017.
- Panel Member, Ontario Crown Summer School Course, 2012, 2013, Role of Defence Counsel.
- Guest Lecturer, University of Manitoba, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Ontario Provincial Police, Manitoba Bar Association, Kenora District Law Association and various high schools and adult education centres.
- Speaker, Crown-Defence Conference, 2003, 2006, 2010, 2013, 2021.